Prawn and Red Pepper Pasta
I have cooked this many times, with rice or spaghetti and I've used both red pepper and tomato & basil vinegar - both taste great.
600g Prawns in shells
1 Red pepper, sliced
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
Juice of half a lemon
Half a glass of white wine
Salt and pepper
Pasta or rice
1. Peel the prawns, put the shells into a heavy bottomed pan, cover with water and place over a high heat until the water has reduced by half. If you are using peeled prawns replace this with fish stock.
2. Put a pan of water on for the pasta and add when boiling.
3. Put some olive oil into a frying pan and add the crushed garlic and sliced pepper. Cook until soft and set aside.
4. Sieve the shell liquid, add to a large skillet with the wine, lemon juice and red pepper vinegar. Season. Reduce over a high heat, stirring ocasionally. If you need to thicken the sauce add some double cream or soft cheese eg. boursin. Add the sliced peppers and garlic and the prawns and cook for 2-3 mins.
5. Drain the pasta and add the prawns. Serve
Enjoy with a crisp dry white wine.
Most Recent Recipes
From Stephanie Alexander's Cooking and Travelling in SW France This is one of my favourite puddings - and my...
Tarte au Fromage de Chevre Doux et aux Herbes from Quiches et Tartes salées et...
My son saw these in a Jamie Oliver recipe book and made them with some help from Granny - they...
From Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food Serves 4 We have two peach trees in the garden and a neighbour...
I have cooked this many times, with rice or spaghetti and I've used both red pepper and tomato &...
Browse Our Recipes