Tarte au Fromage de Chevre Doux et aux Herbes from Quiches et Tartes salées et sucrées.
This tart was easy to make and tasted, and looked, great. An ideal starter or serve it with a salad or some vegetables for lunch or supper.
500g goats cheese
20cl crème fraîche
a nut of butter
small bunch of chives
small bunch of parsley
packet of butter puff pastry
6 cherry tomatoes
cress to garnish
salt and pepper
Preheat the oven at 180 C/gas 6.
1. Chop the cheese into small pieces and put the cheese and the creme fraiche into a mixing bowl. Mix the two together. Season and add the grated rind of the lemon and then the juice of the lemon.
2. Lightly beat the eggs and add then a little at a time to the cheese mixture, stirring all the time.
3. Chop the herbs and add them to the mixture.
4. Grease a loaf tin/mould and line it with the puff pastry.
5. Spoon the cheese and herb mixture into the loaf mould and place in the oven for approx 45 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, and take the tart out of the mould. Slice the tart and add the cherry tomatoes and the cress.
Serve with a mixed salad.